Saturday, September 11, 2010

YOU KNOW YOU MAKE ME WANNA SHOUT !


You know that song...You know you make me wanna shout, throw my hands up and shout!! ...I think that is one of the best songs to dance to at weddings.  It is usually played at the end of the reception when everyone is dancing and when it comes to the part...get a little bit softer now....everyone starts getting low to the ground...it is making me want to dance now!  Sometimes in life I wish that song would just start playing when something frustrating happens.  For example, yesterday (Friday) I got off work at 12:30 and had the entire afternoon to grocery shop, clean our condo, and wash clothes.  I was so excited to spend my afternoon this way.   Went to the grocery...brought all the groceries inside...before I unloaded the groceries...I thought I would start a load of laundry.  Our condo does not have a washer and dryer in it...we have to go to the basement to wash clothes..which requires a key to get in.  We have a certain set of keys that I use when I wash clothes...the laundry keys have a key to our condo as well.  The other little issue is...the door to my condo locks automatically if you shut it.  I have lived in this condo for one year and I have washed probably 5,000 loads of laundry (not kidding).  I am very aware that the door to my condo locks and keys are needed to get into the basement.  Well Andy took the laundry keys to school with him...I borrowed laundry keys from a neighbor...not thinking properly...I shut the door to my condo and went down to the basement to wash clothes with my neighbors key...I was very thrown off when I came back from the basement and tried to get into my condo with my neighbors key...obviously ..I could not get into my condo.  It is one of those moments where you just want to shout and throw your hands up in the air!  So here I am..standing in front of my condo with no phone..and it is starting to rain.  At this point it is about 2:00 in the afternoon.  That morning Andy told me he would be at school until 6:00.  I thought at the time my only option was to sit on the front porch for the next 4 hours or try to catch a bus.  The bus idea really scared me...so I decided to just sit on the front porch for a few minutes and brainstorm.  I know 2 of our neighbors...I went and knocked on their door...they were not home.  So I just start walking up and down the side walk in front of my condo...literally I did not know what to do...no keys, no phone!  I finally see a neighbor (who I don't really know) come outside.  I go over to him..tell him the situation and ask to use his phone...call Andy 6 times...no answer.  Because of technology...I have not memorized the cell phone numbers of any of my new friends...so this poor guy who let me use his phone asked if he could do anything to help me and offered me a glass of water (I guess I looked thirsty)... I knew the only way to get a key to my condo was to somehow get to the Dental School.  I am not in Dental School...but pretty much everyone I know here in Louisville...is in Dental School.  I knew if this neighbor would take me to the Dental School I would be fine.  So the neighbor very kindly drives me to the Dental School.  It was an interesting drive...he talked to me about the video game halo.  Finally arrived at the Dental School!!  After several friends helping me...I finally find Andy...in the corner of the library.  Kayla (whose number I am memorizing ...because she always answers her phone!) calls Andy...Andy just happened to look at his phone...got the keys to the condo...the neighbor drives me back to the condo....and basically that was my afternoon.  So I do not have pictures of this entire afternoon, but I do have pictures from the last wedding we attended.  These pictures are taken while the song Shout is playing.  I felt like that song should have been playing for me all afternoon!  Sorry the pictures are so little...I had to download them from Facebook.  Thank you!  Love you!

1 comment:

  1. If you'd given me the spare key back, I would have had one for you! But I'm sure you don't have my cell phone memorized :)

    ReplyDelete